Thursday, February 02, 2006

Music

Favorite new song lyrics: "S.O.S. please someone help me. It's not healthy for me to feel this. Why are you making this hard? You got me tossing and turning, can't sleep at night."

This is part of why I like music so much. Turn on the radio and you can lose yourself in 2.3 seconds to the latest single, a melodic fragment from a contemporary suite, the flow of a symphony, or the pulse of the jazz greats. Ironic that I enjoy it so much and yet gave it up in so many ways to study at Princeton. My brother is studying music at a conservatory. My sister will be next fall. It will always be one of the bigger "what ifs" of my: what if I had excepted one of the conservatories? Where would I be? Who would I be? Guess that's why it felt so great to practice today till my lips were chapped and my mouth was dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home