Thursday, February 16, 2006

Clear the road of gravel..

So it's been a few days, but they've been busy days at that! I went out to Arizona last Thursday for Fulbright Enrichment Seminar. I was surprised by the good time I had. There were more than 130 people from about 70 different countries of the world, and there was quite a bit of time to talk and get to know one another. We went and toured a desert botanical garden nearby in Phoenix, visited a local high school to share cultures, listened and discussed several lectures about the state of the environment in the area, and had a multicultural talent show the last night. I really got to know a bunch of the people there, especially the few others that got stuck for a couple of days due to the snow storm like me! But now I am back, rested, refreshed and slightly tan. I did manage to get a bunch of pictures up on snapfish, so you should definitely check them out! On top of it all, I will be spending the weekend in NYC with Maria and Ann. It will be a perfect last refresher bit to get my semester started off right, and to top it all off, we will be enjoying my favorite pasttime of catching up :)
AND I found out today that I'm into Georgetown's School of Foreign Service!!!! It's my first choice, so now I am waiting to hear back about the German PhD side of things. I'm also applying to a ridiculously cool Fellowship that would pay for the whole thing and give me several internships (here and overseas) with the US Dept of State. It totally made my day! Onward, ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home