Friday, March 25, 2005

HipHip!

Day 3 in England. This place is grand. I got here on Tuesday night and met up with two friends from back home in Duxbury. Catching up with old friends is definitely one of my favorite things. The next morning we got up and made scrambled eggs (they have cheddar in this country!!!), and then we hopped on the tube to check out Harrod's. This place was unbelievably huge. We explored everything from clothing, jewelry and makeup to rugs, lamps and crazy food. It was awesome. Back at my friend's apartment, we indulged in scones and clotted cream with jam. Not so sure how I feel about this part of being in Britain. The clotted cream was nevertheless an interesting experience. By then it was time for me to hop on the OxfordTube and go see Miss Caroline! Since then we have been tearing up Oxford: touring the area, checking out the college buildings, eating great food and visiting the coolest pubs. Last night we went and saw "Miss Congeniality 2 : Armed & Fabulous" on a whim...quite entertaining! However today has the potential to be dangerous, because after lunch, we are going to one of the biggest bookstores I have ever seen. And you know me and books. And you know how long it's been since I've been in an English-speaking bookstore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home