Monday, March 21, 2005

Starkes Bier Anstich

Strong Beer Festivals in Regensburg. Ahhh.

Yesterday I spent the day down by Regesnburg at a brewery on Adlersberg. Right. It was a big ol' German party, complete with oompah bands, Lederhosen, and big liter glass mugs of frothy dark beer. I went with Lindsey, a bunch of her students and two other Fulbrighters (Nate & Matt) from Bayern. Just like Andechs, we had to walk about 45 minutes to get up the hill where the brewery was. However, the area between the bus stop and the hill was all flat farm land. As we started climbing up the hill, there was a cool view of Regensburg behind us. When we got up there, we grabbed a table and soaked up the sun (what little there was!) and the atmosphere. It was great. Nate, Matt & I left before the others to go get some dinner. We had wanted to take the bus back into the city, but it just drove right by us. doh! So we walked about 2 hours back along the river. Not so shabby, but rather cold and we were all a bit tired. The reward for walking: L'Osteria. It's a fantastic pizzeria in town. We settled in to warm up and rejuvenate. A whole bunch of pizza later, I looked at my watch to find that I only had 10 minutes till my train left the station! whoops...so I left and ran to the tracks, barely making it--I think the conductor was yelling foul things to me in German, but I didn't care 'cause I was on the train :) Needless to say, it was a perfect end to my first weekend of Easter Break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home