Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Venturing Beyond

Me and my Zipcar went on an adventure outside of San Fran today! We met up early in the morning and zipped right across the Golden Gate:



Then we cut over to Sonoma and the delights that are Californian vineyards. Our biggest stop was at Cline, where I found some tasty wine to bring home.


As the sign says, it was awesome.

Eventually we made our way over to Armstrong Redwood Forest. Along the way we passed some interesting places:



The forest was at the end of a very windy, narrow, dirt road. I almost thought I had taken a wrong turn. But I prevailed! And got to explore the forest, through all sorts of huge redwoods.





It was well after noon by this point, so we turned back toward San Fran via Hwy 1. My parents had suggested this day trip, emphasizing the drive along Hwy 1. They didn't do it justice. You drive for hours right along the coast. Literally.


When you are driving southish back to the city, you have rocky cliffs along the passenger side of the car. It was ridiculous! And the road was super curvy.


But it was a beautiful, sunny day and when you looked out over the water, there was a slight haze that made it all the better. I almost wish I had someone else with me, who could have driven, so I could have just soaked it all in.


Regardless, I made a lot of stops and enjoyed the quiet drive back.


It was my last night in the city, so I had dinner with Louis, Shauna and her brothers.

Very tasty rubbed chicken and far too much wine...somehow a fitting end to my little vacation to California

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home