Saturday, May 19, 2007

Touring San Fran

I had a bunch of time to explore the city and the bay before the wedding party. It was awesome weather and I didn't mind a solitary adventure, since I needed time to clear my head after the end of a long year of school. The first night I walked over to Chinatown after checking into my room at the Mosser by the financial district.


The next morning I had the day to kick before the wedding party, so I walked through the Yerba Buena Gardens to the SF Museum of Modern Art:



Then I walked through the farmers' market to the Ferry Building down by the Embarcadero and walked along the water:


I stopped and watched the many sea lions lounging and playing down by Pier 39:

There were so many of them making quite a lot of noise. I could have stayed there for a much longer time, watching them do their thing. Instead I kept walking
past the Fishermen's Grotto, until I came up the Dungeness Crab vendors



Yumm!


I also had a chance while in SF to have an adventure adventure with my Aunt Cathie. We went for a walk in the sun to an organic, local restaurant called Lettüs. The food was ridiculously tasty and very filling. Then we walked along the far end of the harbor for awhile. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home