Saturday, March 24, 2007

Great Falls, MD

Emmeli and I decided to get out of the city and go explore Great Falls. So it was a bit colder than expected, but the brisk afternoon constitutional truly made our weekends and turned things brighter. We cleared our heads and got our spirits back in shape. A bunch of the big trails towards the Potomac and its rapids were closed due to seasonal flooding, but we explored the path along the canal and lock system. There was even a rotting deer in one of them! (Too bad I don't have Emmeli's pictures to share!) We stopped along the main bridge across the Great Falls themselves, and it reminded me of how beautifully powerful nature can be. I'm looking forward to my next trip out there...maybe we'll get to bring a picnic too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home