Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekends at Home

I took the day off on Friday to drive back to Duxbury with a friend that was visiting. I'd met her in Germany, where she was teaching in a nearby Bavarian city. It was her first time in New England, which made the trip extra special. On our way up North, we stopped off in Warwick, RI to have lunch with my grandparents, who are both nearing 90. Let me be the 1st to tell you that I have the cutest grandparents ever. You might think you do, but really mine are the best. You should have seen how excited my grandmother got when she realized that I cross-stitch! It was adorable. Friday night, Lindsey and I had dinner with my parents at the Sun Tavern -- if you ever come visit Duxbury, the food there is fantabulous, and they have this wicked awesome wood-carved map of Germany from ages ago. The next day was filled with all sorts of local area type adventures. We went to the General Store & picked up sandwiches, which we took across the wooden bridge to the Beach. Despite being a wintery day, our layers kept us quite warm, and we were able to enjoy the clear, sunny day on the shore. We even succeeded in our mission to collect sea glass, a grand thing indeed considering how high tide it was at the time. Linds wanted to check out Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower down by the Plymouth waterfront too, so we drove down there for a bit. There were many other delectable moments this weekend, including an afternoon spent with Jaime re: her August wedding (!!), that it reminded me of how good it feels to be home. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home