Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fall Fun

Wow it's been longer than I thought since I last made my way to Blogger! The past month was crazy busy--full of birthdays, concerts, visits from friends, visits to friends, visits with family and a football game or two. Here are some highlights:
* Going to Baltimore to hear my brother's Jazz Symphony Concert, followed by a great visit with my parents and lots of really tasty food.
* Having my high school friend, Emily, come visit after a conference here at Georgetown. Hadn't seen her in years, since she moved out to Utah, but it was lovely. We went to the Mall and to a Turkish festival, and for one of the days it was beautiful and sunny.
* Celebrating fall in Princeton at my old house with my old housemate. Getting to eat sushi at Nassau Sushi, which was all redecorated and pretty sweet looking. Playing games at Tower with old Princeton friends. Studying at the library. Then almost getting kicked out of the library for having brought coffee in with me!
* Going to the Kennedy Center with Cathy to see Beethoven's "Missa Solemnis" for free on another beautiful, sunny Sunday. Great music in the company of great friends is a great way to end a week/start the next!
* Winning the Dept Halloween Contest: four people dressed as teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle. Yes. We were a 'group' noun! And how often do you get to were bright pink tights out in public??? And be constantly carded because you are dressed as a teenager??
* Driving to Yale for the Princeton-Yale football game. Getting to see Hana and have tasty guacamole on the way. Enjoying every minute of the musical, "Urinetown," which was far better than I'd expected by a long shot. Attending the spectacular game, ending in a 34-31 victory just at the end of the 4th quarter (!!), and running into oodles of Princetonites. Having coffee with a friend from Germany. Going out for some of the best sushi. Ever. Watching cheesy dance movies with a wonderful friend. Drinking red wine. And then some more.
* Testing out my fireplace and enjoying Gluehwein!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home