Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weddings & More Weddings!

I'm finally happy to announce that I am really in DC now :) And by that I mean no more crazy trips back up to MA for weddings or anything else until at least Thanksgiving, which I am honestly quite thankful for right now! After my first few days in Georgetown, I packed up some things and drove back home for Jaime's wedding. It was an interesting affair, since all the bridesmaids were from our group of high school friends. The ceremony was at a church right in town and the reception was down by the Plymouth waterfront. The entire affair was beautiful, from the dresses and the flowers to the music and speakers. Having the old gang together also made this first wedding of old friends even more special. As a group, we were able to catch up and remember many forgotten moments. This weekend I went back home again for the wedding of another high school friend--one with whom I enjoyed many fine weeks of Band Camp! I was not sure what to expect from this wedding, since the bride is a true one-of-a kind person and friend. The ceremony was simple and well thought out. The reception--just next door--was a remarkable blend of the traditional and the unusual. From the selection of music and dancing in honor of the Moroccan heritage of the groom to the BBQ dinner, it was entertaining and memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home