Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Moving, Good Byes, and Anticipated Outings

Once again, it's time for me to say goodbye to dear old Princeton. They say you only get to say goodbye once, but I am a firm believer that you can say it many more times than that. I mean, I am running on about 7 just with Princeton! I was walking on campus today with S as we went over to HR around lunchtime to sort some silly paperwork out, and again I was struck by how beautiful this University is. It's one of the only ways you can get me to admit to love at first sight. I never had to walk by a second time. After the first I was hooked. There's just something about the area that I find strangely welcoming, serenely beckoning, and positively calming. And now it's a place that is full of memories of life -- beginnings and endings, smiles and tears, challenges and excitement. How do you ever really turn your back and walk away from something so definging, so pivotal in your life? And yet, here I am...trying to do just that. Again. Last weekend I moved just about all I have down to my new place in Georgetown (which looks simply wonderful and welcoming...come visit!). This week is my last week working in Princeton, and on Saturday I will pass on my house key and see what new adventures lie ahead. But at least I have strong friendships to travel with and a few more nights to celebrate the successes of the past years. So to new beginnings bolstered by experience I say cheers and adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home