Wednesday, June 29, 2005

23. Geburtstag

Monday morning, I was woken by Miss Scala, who wanted to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. After all, who wouldn't want to hear all about kangaroo hunting first thing in the morning?! It was a rather quiet day, which was just how I wanted it to be. Spent the afternoon hanging around with some buddies, trying to avoid the summer heat. Then we picked up a few groceries and made some dinner together. Since it was warm, we ditched our idea of having Bratkartoffeln (pan roasted potatoes with onion and bacon) and made a whole lot of salad with grilled chicken instead. Quite tasty! Paula made a British Trifle for dessert, which got renamed the "stripy-layered fun cake" at some point during the evening, and I made a pumpkin pie. After dinner, dessert and some German bubbly, we met up with a bigger group for a few drinks. We ended up at the Palm Tree Terrace of Haas Saele (where Zach, Katie P & I had celebrated New Year's). It was beautiful! It's outside with a view of the Bamberg Cathedral, and the best part is that there are comfy outdoor swinging chairs :) Unfortunately I had to work the next morning, so I didn't stay out all that late. Nonetheless, it was a very nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home