Friday, October 08, 2004

alright already, we'll all float on!

Hip Hip Hoooray! Today my landline was finally all set and working. When I first got my connection, I plugged my phone into a jack right by my desk. It was a prime location, woo hoo, but unfortunately I couldn't seem to actually use the phone. doh. So I visited my friendly, local Deutsche Telekom office and today, they sent a technician. He couldn't figure it out either, so he dragged in my Hausmeister--Herr Englisch (yeah yeah, I think it's funny too). It was simple. I just needed to use the other jack. Because obviously my tiny room needs more than one phone jack. Call me crazy, but I had yet to find the jack that was UNDERNEATH my bed. I guess there's just a great need for privacy or something??

Anyways. So now I have a regular phone [+49 951 3028326], which really rocks my face off. I can call people back in the States again for oh so little money. One of the best parts of my day was getting to talk to Sarah B, even though she was running off to do meetingish Princetonian things. But yay :)

Great story from today though: I bought a bottle of Federweisser wine, which is a regional/seasonal specialty. It's a type of grape juice that is not done with its whole fermenting process, and according to the germans, this wine has a "zippy" taste. It's a white wine, but it is still a bit on the murky side due to how it's made. As the woman handed me the bottle, she warned me that I had to drink it in the next few days, or it might explode! HaHaHaHa. Gosh, I love Germania. *tear*

Happy Columbus Day Weekend y'all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home