Sunday, September 19, 2004

Notice

Notice

In my heart, I hear the sigh
of thoughts and hopes and dreams nearby.
Quietly, softly, without notice,
they slowly blossom like the lotus.
How can I know what to do,
when they appear simply
out of the blue?

In my mind, I see them clearly:
all those whom I miss so dearly.
We cannot stop these changes around us;
like our dreams, they remain resistant.
As the warm weather melts away,
it reminds me of tender smiles
I no longer see everyday.

Like passing clouds, the days come and go.
Strains of ‘Even Though’ no longer drift so freely —
just another memory of long ago.
The rose gardens begin to fade,
the fleeting beauty like a serenade.
Yet through it all, some part seems to know
that this year many gifts will bestow.

So my friend, we return to the beginning,
where faces were shining, happy and grinning.
I know not where this journey may take us,
it’s not something I feel safe to discuss.
While at times, it may feel we are drifting,
keep in mind it’s just our feelings
that are shifting.



19. September 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home