Friday, May 12, 2006

Marigolds, Basil & Sunshine

Today, my friends, was a brilliantly gorgeous day. After spending most of it in my office (with the exception of a lovely lunch at this new sushi restaurant with Jess), I was eager to be out and about. Despite the predicted 80% chance of thunderstorms, it was lovely. On a semi-whim, Jess and I trucked out to Home Depot in hopes of finding a collection of flowers to perk up our patio. If you've been to visit already, you surely understand our lack of love for our cement haven. Buuuut, since it's getting nice out, we wanted something to encourage our presence outside. We found the best flowers ever and had such a great time planting it all. I even found a strawberry jar, which is usually used to grow strawberries. However Ryan said it was probably too late in the season for that, and I agreed. Still thinking the jar was really cool looking, I decided to plant some tastyness. To be more precise, I added chives, rosemary, cherry tomato plants, and basil. I'm very very excited! Jess is too. Especially for the prospect of fresh pesto every now and then! She picked out some tasty seeds too. If all goes well, we'll have fresh lettuce, carrots, peas and cucumbers too. Yay for the spring! Now if only I could have more time to sit outside....but first we need some furniture out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home